There are 4 steps you must take immediately after a pipe leak and water damage:
- Identify the source of the plumbing leak
- Turn off the water supply to prevent the damage from intensifying
- Call a plumber to fix the problem immediately; if necessary use a patch kit in the meantime
- Replace wet carpet, underlay, insulation and ensure the property is properly dried out
Sometimes a leaking pipe and water damage results in a situation that you cannot remedy yourself; for example, a flooded basement. In this case it is highly recommended that you call a water removal experts in Fort Lauderdale to restore the safety and value of your property.
Pipe Leak and Water Damage: Causes, Signs and Remedies
A pipe leak can cause water damage that may run into tens of thousands of dollars in remediation expenses. Get it fixed at the first signs of trouble and ensure it is done correctly. Wet and damp surroundings will damage your building structure and belongings as well as promote mold growth. This can lead to many health problems and devaluation of your property.
Causes of pipe water damage
- Pipe burst
- Blocked pipeline
- Clogged sinks or wash basins
- Defective or faulty washer or valve leak
- Toilet leak
Signs of a pipe leak that is causing water damage
- Damp spots on your wall or ceiling
- Damaged paint or wallpaper
- Bubbles on your ceiling
- Sagging ceiling or walls
- Damp or squishy carpet or floor boards
- Bad odor
- Persistent mold or mildew
CPR Certified Priority Restoration offers skilled pipe leak damage remediation services. Certified technicians and the latest equipment ensure a thorough job. We are insurance-approved and can deal directly with your insurance provider to help expedite claims. We also offer a 24/7 emergency response for situations that need immediate attention. Our staff will get there in 30 minutes or less.
Call 954-874-8016 in Broward County or 561-847-3495 in Palm Beach County for a free estimate from an insurance-approved pipe leak and water damage removal service. We have real people waiting to take your call.